About the job
Cathie is a leading global offshore geoscience and geotechnical engineering consultancy specialising in marine geophysics and geotechnics, cable construction, foundation engineering, pipelines, trenching and numerical analyses. We work primarily in the offshore renewable energy industry for clients who design, install and operate offshore, nearshore and onshore facilities.
The industry is booming, and as a result, we’re looking for a Civil Engineer, Mechanical Engineer or Electrical Engineer experienced in the offshore industry to join our young team in Newcastle! The successful applicant will work along-side existing senior offshore engineering staff and other junior colleagues to deliver consultancy services and cable construction support for offshore energy projects.
Typical tasks will involve cable engineering assessments, construction planning, tender and supervision support, report writing, research and implementation of new and standard methods and a whole load of common sense!
Who are we looking for?
The desired applicant will hold a degree from an accredited university in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Civil Engineering.
Offshore supervision or contractor experience in the renewable energy or oil and gas markets, directly related to offshore cable construction or engineering is also sought-after.
- Offshore cable construction experience
- Ability to write reports in a concise and logical format
- Team player with ability to work independently
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office package including Microsoft Project
- Attention to detail
- Ability to solve complex problems with innovative solutions
- Ability to manage own workload and prioritise tasks
- BOSIET or GWO holder and a few offshore trips under your belt
- Knowledge of DNV standards & ICPC Recommendations
- Experience in Programming Languages
- Windfarm development Projects; concept development, engineering assessments and construction support
- Cable Burial investigations and cable engineering design
- Offshore Client Representative services for cable construction
The successful candidate will:
- Successfully manage design and construction support commissions
- Produce quality products and outputs and work practices.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and develop new technical knowledge and business acumen.
- Demonstrate an acceptable level of technical experience and ability.
- Show effective management of his/her own work, in terms of quality, timescales, working time and utilisation.
- Hold good communication skills, initiative and team work.
- Demonstrate respect for their colleagues and managers, good work attitude and strong work ethic.
- Have relevant offshore experience.
Why work for Cathie?
- The opportunity to work for a leading engineering consultancy with significant reputation in offshore engineering
- Chartership support
- A modern and friendly office environment in Newcastle City Centre
- Flexible working arrangements
- Mentorship by lead engineers with a reputation in the business
- Competitive salary package
- Flexible working hours
- Company pension
- Private healthcare
- Dental benefits
- Bike to work scheme