About the job
We’re a global offshore geoscience and geotechnical engineering consultancy specialising in marine geophysics and geotechnics, foundation engineering, pipelines, trenching and numerical analyses. We work primarily in the offshore wind and O&G industry for clients who design, install and operate offshore facilities.
We are established throughout Europe, and recently opened a subsidiary in the United States. We want to continue our growth and expansion into new markets.
Our Belgian team has a very strong pipeline of projects and anticipates accelerating growth with the development of wind farms in the North Sea, the Baltic Sea and on the Asian continent – this is why we are looking for new, motivated colleagues to strengthen our team based in Brussels, Belgium.
Why work at Cathie?
- We provide our employees with a fulfilling work environment that provides a rich work experience is a fundamental part of our culture, and we believe that it is essential to give our employees responsibilities from the very start of their career
- We offer our employees a wide variety in their daily work scope and maximum exposure to projects
- We have a constant drive to innovate, to stay at the forefront of our sector and to improve the expertise of our teams. We encourage our staff to question the status quo in order to discover new ways of working
- We give opportunities to our staff to develop their skills through experiences such as laboratory work supervision or an offshore client representative role
- We work in a friendly office environment and place great importance on maintaining a positive and realistic work-life balance
- Our salary policy is generous, and we offer flexible working hours
Who are we looking for?
The development of our market requires more and more advanced skills in the offshore foundations for renewable energies sector.
We are looking for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer with:
- Typically 10-15 years of experience in the geotechnical and foundation sector
- a solid university education validated by a relevant diploma in civil/geotechnical engineering (Minimum MSc, possibly a PhD)
- Orientation and experience focused on soil mechanics, foundation engineering, numerical analyses
- Experience of;
- concept to detailed offshore foundation design (with a strong focus on monopiles)
- scoping, supervision and management of geotechnical surveys and laboratory testing (including advanced testing)
- Integration of geophysical and geotechnical data, geotechnical interpretative reporting
- Very good written and verbal English, strong organisational and people management skills
- Knowledge of the Python programming language is a plus.
What will the role entail?
- Managing projects entirely and independently, being the focal point to Clients
- Train and manage project engineers during project execution
- Writing calculation reports, interpret in situ or laboratory tests
- Being involved in a variety of projects in geotechnical assessment, design and installation analysis, geoscience consultancy and management of geotechnical investigations, cable engineering, pile driving, etc.
- Contributing to research and development initiatives, participating in international conferences and prepare technical papers
Please send your cover letter and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly below.