We’re a global offshore geoscience and geotechnical engineering consultancy specialising in marine geophysics and geotechnics, foundation engineering, pipelines, trenching and numerical analyses. We work primarily in the offshore wind for clients who design, install and operate offshore facilities.
We are established throughout Europe, and recently opened a subsidiary in the United States. We want to continue our growth and expansion into new markets.
Our Belgian team has a strong pipeline of projects and anticipates accelerating growth with the development of wind farms in the North Sea and the Baltic. Germany is a key area, we are already involved in a number of projects and want to continue our development in this country.
This is why we are looking for a new colleague, based in Germany, German speaker, capable of supporting our projects remotely. It is anticipated that he/she would be travelling to Brussels one week per month.
Why work at Cathie?
- We provide our employees with a fulfilling work environment that provides a rich work experience is a fundamental part of our culture, and we believe that it is essential to give them responsibilities from the start of their career.
- We offer our employees a wide variety in their daily work and maximum exposure to projects.
- We have the constant drive to innovate, to stay at the forefront of our sector and to improve the expertise of our teams, and we encourage our staff to question the status quo in order to imagine new ways of working,
- We give opportunities to our people to develop their skills through experiences such as laboratory work supervision or offshore Client Representative role,
- We work in a friendly office environment and place great importance on maintaining a positive and realistic work-life balance.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking preferably for someone with good capabilities in offshore foundation but would consider an applicant willing to transition from onshore to offshore.
We are looking for a Senior Project Engineer with:
- Typically 5-10 years of experience in the geotechnical and foundation sector
- Project management capabilities, and experience in managing large projects of site investigation and interpretation
- A solid university education validated by a relevant diploma in civil/geotechnical engineering (Minimum MSc, possibly a PhD)
- Previous experience in:
- concept to detailed offshore foundation design (with a strong focus on monopiles)
- scoping, supervision and management of geotechnical surveys and laboratory testing (including advanced testing)
- Integration of geophysical and geotechnical data, geotechnical interpretative reporting
- A strong customer-orientated mindset
What will the role entail?
- Managing projects entirely and independently, being the focal point to Clients
- Managing interfaces in a multidisciplinary environment (geophysics, geology, cable, GIS, advanced numerical analyses, etc)
- Supporting tendering activities, in particular for developments in Germany.
- Writing calculation reports, interpret in situ or laboratory tests
- Being involved in a variety of projects in geotechnical assessment, design and installation analysis, geoscience consultancy and management of geotechnical investigations, cable engineering, pile driving, etc
- Contributing to research and development initiatives, participating in international conferences and prepare technical papers.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org