Please note: this position is not open to remote working only. We are considering candidates who either live in Brussels or wish to relocate there.
We’re a global offshore geoscience and geotechnical engineering consultancy specialising in marine geophysics and geotechnics, foundation engineering, pipelines, trenching and numerical analyses. We work primarily in the offshore wind industry for clients who design, install and operate offshore facilities.
We are established throughout Europe, and recently opened a subsidiary in the United States. We want to continue our growth and expansion into new markets.
Our Belgian team has a very strong pipeline of projects and anticipates accelerating growth with the development of wind farms in the North Sea, the Baltic Sea and on the Asian continent.
This is why we are looking for new, motivated colleagues to strengthen our team based in Brussels, Belgium.
Why work at Cathie?
- We provide our employees with a fulfilling work environment that provides a rich work experience is a fundamental part of our culture, and we believe that it is essential to give them responsibilities from the start of their career.
- We offer our employees a wide variety in their daily work and maximum exposure to projects.
- We have the constant drive to innovate, to stay at the forefront of our sector and to improve the expertise of our teams, and we encourage our staff to question the status quo in order to imagine new ways of working,
- We give opportunities to our people to develop their skills through experiences such as laboratory work supervision or offshore Client Representative role,
- We work in a friendly office environment and place great importance on maintaining a positive and realistic work-life balance.
- We offer a flexible working environment with the potential to work 2 days a week from home.
Who are we looking for?
Managing our market growth, which translates in increasingly larger and multidisciplinary projects, necessitates both robust technical expertise and effective project management abilities.
We are looking for a Senior Project Engineer with:
- Typically 7-15 years of experience in the geotechnical and foundation sector
- Project management capabilities, and experience in managing large projects of site investigation and interpretation
- Solid university education validated by a relevant diploma in civil/geotechnical engineering (Minimum MSc)
- Strong experience of:
- scoping, supervision and management of geotechnical surveys and laboratory testing (including advanced testing)
- Integration of geophysical and geotechnical data, geotechnical interpretative reporting
- concept to detailed offshore foundation design (with a strong focus on monopiles)
What will the role entail?
- Managing projects entirely and independently, being the focal point to Clients
- Managing interfaces in a multidisciplinary environment (geophysics, geology, cable, GIS, advanced numerical analyses, etc)
- Training and managing project engineers during project execution
- Writing calculation reports, interpret in situ or laboratory tests
- Being involved in a variety of projects in geotechnical assessment, design and installation analysis, geoscience consultancy and management of geotechnical investigations, cable engineering, pile driving, etc
- Contributing to research and development initiatives, participating in international conferences and prepare technical papers
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org