We’re a global offshore geoscience and geotechnical engineering consultancy for the offshore energy and marine infrastructure industries. We’ve built our business on hard work, respect for each other and by holding ourselves to the highest standards in everything we do.
We’re now the largest consultancy of our type, with a presence in key locations around the world. Our team of approachable, industry-leading experts deliver successful projects for our clients through integrity, teamwork and a drive for innovation.
About the role
We’re looking for a Senior Cable Project Engineer / Installation Engineer with a passion for the renewable energy industry to help drive our business forward and support our growth. The position is located in our Brussels office (and is not open to remote working).
You will be involved in a variety of activities such as:
- Project management and coordination of offshore cable projects (installation and design, follow up of permitting and EIA)
- Reviewing cable design or installation documents, write scope of work and specifications for projects where we are acting as a marine consultant for cable utilities
- Interface with site investigation companies
- Lead CBRA/BA analyses or crossing design
- Provide support in pipeline/cable route engineering and installation
- Prepare method statement for cable dredging, trenching, rock placement.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, organised and talented professional who will take ownership of challenges and solutions and have the following characteristics:
- Expert in cable installation with at least 7 years’ experience as cable installation engineer (both field and office based).
- Experience in Offshore Wind is mandatory
- MSc level graduation.
- As a minimum bilingual, with a very good command of English language. Second language preferably French, Dutch or German.
- A large component of the work requires some geotechnical knowledge. Although you don’t need to be a geotechnical expert, you must have enough experience to identify the issues and challenges posed by the soil conditions when reviewing documents and liaising with our clients.
What we can offer
- A stimulating working environment based on respect and integrity.
- Opportunities to travel and experience a wide variety of work.
- Generous remuneration and benefits package including company pension and healthcare schemes.