We’re a global offshore geoscience and geotechnical engineering consultancy delivering geological, geospatial, geophysical and geotechnical engineering solutions for a wide range of offshore and near shore industries, including wind, oil and gas, marine energy, ports; and subsea cables.
We’re looking for a motivated and engaging Marketing and Events Officer with a passion for the renewable energy industry to help drive our business forward and support our growth.
Working with our global teams based in the UK, USA and across Europe, you’ll be responsible for implementing and helping to shape our marketing and events strategy as well as assisting in business development, in the offshore wind and subsea power transmission sectors.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, organising and attending conferences, exhibitions and promotional events in the UK and internationally in line with business priorities.
- Providing day-to-day management and developing content for our social media channels including LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Owning the creation and sign off of technical marketing material such as corporate brochures, flyers, case studies using the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Managing and updating the Cathie Group websites using WordPress.
- Planning and implementing marketing campaigns which are aligned with, and deliver on global and regional business plans for existing and developing markets / sectors.
- Working closely with the Business Development Team to develop digital and traditional marketing assets including blogs, articles, webinars, videos, emails, case studies etc. and analyse and report on their success.
- Writing Press Releases and identifying valuable PR opportunities.
- Being a brand guardian – ensure the consistent application of the company brand, messaging and marketing style.
- Owning the annual marketing budget
- Travel, as required, to global destinations to deliver marketing, events and communications at a local level.
- Supporting internal communications across the Cathie Group through email communications and SharePoint updates.
- Liaising with agencies where necessary to support with marketing material and advertising.
- Maintaining Cathie’s company profile on e-procurement portals in conjunction with Business Development Team
- Support pre-qualification and bid phases of proposals when required.
- Liaise with the engineering team, discipline leads and senior management to drive forward group marketing plans.
Who are we looking for?
You will be an enthusiastic, organised and talented professional who takes ownership of challenges and solutions. You will have a graduate degree in a marketing discipline and at least 3-5 years’ experience in a marketing role, ideally for an engineering company or within the energy industry.
- Event planning and organisation
- Experience using the Adobe Creative Suite – including InDesign and Illustrator
- Experience using CMS such as WordPress
- Confident in managing and scheduling for social media posts using Hootsuite
- Excellent communicator both verbal and written
- Comfortable with technical content
- Ability to work independently and manage your own workload
- Knowledge of contemporary marketing strategies and tools
- An analytical thinker able to use data and insights to drive campaigns and determine their effectiveness
- Desire to test and learn and challenge our marketing and communications practices to drive improvement in our business
- Knowledge of the engineering & the energy industry
- Experience of using and updating CRM systems such as Microsoft Dynamics
- Knowledge of SEO and Google Analytics / Tag Manager
- Knowledge of best practice around collecting, handling, using and storing customer data in line with data regulations.
- Chartered Marketer, or committed to working towards achieving that status, with our support.
Do you want to be part of the energy transition and thrive within a multicultural and multilingual global team? Then join us!
What we offer:
- A modern and friendly office environment in Newcastle City Centre
- Salary of between £27-£35,000 dependent on experience
- Flexible working hours
- Company Pension
- Private Healthcare
- Dental Benefit
So if you’re up to the challenge, please submit your CV and accompanying letter below or email email@example.com . We’d love to hear from you.