We’re the global offshore geoscience and geotechnical engineering consultancy.
We deliver geological, geospatial, geophysical and geotechnical engineering solutions for a wide range of offshore and near shore industries, including wind, oil and gas, marine energy, ports; and subsea cables. We work on projects at all stages, from feasibility studies through to decommissioning, offering innovative, cost-effective solutions to clients all over the world. Our innovative solutions enable cost effective project delivery by managing seabed risk and solving technical challenges.
We are the trusted partner of the world’s largest energy organizations and their Tier-1 contractors, offering the full integrated range of ‘seabed and below’ solutions, delivered by our team of industry experts. From an ubiquitous presence in Europe, we now work on several projects in key developing markets around the world. We have specialist teams permanently based in key locations around the world, delivering the expertise of the entire team at a local level. We regularly complete projects across Asia, Africa, South America, Australasia and the Middle East, as well as extensively in Europe and North America.
We’ve built our business on hard work, respect for each other and by holding ourselves to the highest standards in everything we do. We’re now the largest consultancy of our type and we never miss an opportunity to work harder and achieve better for our clients. Every project brings fresh challenges, which is why we’re driven to innovate and to deliver R&D targeted at our clients’ strategic problems.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Group Marketing and Communications Manager who will be responsible for the implementation of effective marketing strategy and assist in business development for Cathie, in the oil and gas, offshore wind and subsea power transmission sectors.
You will report to the Business Development Director and work with management teams across our different global teams.
Your key duties will be to:
- Design and implement marketing strategies which are aligned with, and deliver on business plans for existing and developing markets / sectors
- Enthusiastically champion and promote the importance of marketing and communications towards our engineering teams. Deliver awareness training to engineers to achieve this aim
- Challenge our established marketing and communications practices to drive improvement in our business
- Arrange, organize and attend conferences, exhibitions and promotional events in the UK and internationally
- Manage annual marketing budgets
- Ensure the consistent application of the company brand, messaging and marketing style. Help to deliver our vision of a one-firm approach to everything we do
- Travel, as required, to global destinations to deliver marketing and communications at a local level
- Liaise with nominated BD representatives in our global engineering teams to deliver effective marketing to meet local needs
- Provide day-to-day management and content authoring for e-marketing – Website, LinkedIn, Twitter, blogs, webinars, communication emails
- Maintain and operate company profile on e-procurement portals in conjunction with Business Development Director
- Organise, maintain and develop technical marketing material – brochures, pamphlets etc including practical and logistical assistance on demand
- Liaise with creative agencies to produce marketing material and advertising etc.
- Provide reporting and analysis of the impact and effectiveness of marketing strategies and individual tools
Due to the strong growth in our business, you may also be required to manage a marketing assistant in the near future who would be your direct report.
You will be an enthusiastic, organised and talented professional in search of challenges and who takes ownership of both problems and solutions. You will have a graduate degree in a marketing discipline and at least 3-5 years’ experience in a marketing role for an engineering company. You will be a Chartered Marketer, or committed to working towards achieving that status, with our support.
You will possess excellent verbal and written communication, report writing and presentation skills. An excellent knowledge of contemporary marketing strategies and tools are essential as we seek to differentiate the company in style and substance. An appreciation of effective creative design is essential and some design skills, including graphics and web design are desirable.
Do you want to thrive within a multicultural and multilingual team delivering extremely challenging engineering projects across the globe?
Then join us!
We’re fully aware that work is only one part of our lives. We respect this reality and never want anyone to feel like a cog in a corporate machine.
We provide a working environment that respects the interrelated aspect of our lives and enables every member of staff to develop and reach their potential.
As a dynamic and respected international geoscience and geotechnical engineering consultancy, we offer exciting and fulfilling career options.
If you are up to the challenge, please send your CV and accompanying letter email@example.com . We’d love to hear from you.