We’re a global offshore geoscience and geotechnical engineering consultancy specialising in marine geophysics and geotechnics, foundation engineering, pipelines, trenching and numerical analyses. We work primarily in the offshore oil, gas, and renewable energy industry for clients who design, install and operate offshore, nearshore and onshore facilities.
We bring a unique brand of technical geoscience, engineering expertise and practical construction support capability to our clients. We aim to provide a high quality, best practice service with an eye for practicality and constructability of all our solutions. Where appropriate, we aim to bring the latest knowledge and state of the art to achieve cost-effective solutions without undue conservatism.
Our services are characterized by our company values, and our firm determination to keep our commitment to our clients. Currently, CA has more than 50 members of staff and we operate from offices in Belgium, France, UK, and more recently USA.
Because of our increasing growth and significant prospects, we are looking to strengthen the engineering teams in our UK offices (Newcastle and London) working in international projects in the oil & gas, and renewable energy industry.
As a Graduate Geotechnical Engineer (Project Engineer I), you will be performing geotechnical engineering studies under the supervision of a Senior Engineer. Some projects may require offshore or onshore assistance on site.
The projects may involve:
- Geotechnical assessment and design of offshore and onshore structures from FEED to detailed stages (piles, mudmats, gravity foundations, jackup assessments, caissons, anchors, onshore foundations, earthworks, ground improvement, reinforcement, cabling, etc)
- Geoscience consultancy and reporting for windfarms and oil and gas developments, survey design and management of geotechnical investigations, including advanced in situ and laboratory testing, large offshore campaigns, cable routes, onshore and nearshore developments.
- Offshore and onshore cable and pipeline engineering, including burial risk assessments, burial assessments, performance analysis, forensic studies and tool modelling.
- Ground modelling, cable route analysis, geohazard assessments etc.
- Pile driving instrumentation and monitoring services for the offshore and onshore industry, including back analysis of pile capacities, fatigue, capacity assessments and support to certification process.
- Contribute to research and development initiatives, participate in international conferences and prepare technical papers.
Do you have a degree in geotechnical engineering (preferably MSc. level), a good command of English, and strong organizational and interpersonal skills? Do you want to develop within a multicultural and multilingual team delivering interesting engineering projects across the globe?
Then join us!
We provide a pleasant and stimulating working environment based on respect and integrity, innovation and excellence, the opportunity to travel and experience a wide variety of work. We offer a generous remuneration and benefits package that includes the opportunity to join our Company pension and healthcare schemes.
New engineers are encouraged to join our Company’s Graduate Training Scheme (ICE/Geological Society) supported by senior members of the team.