Cathie are looking for a motivated and passionate GIS Specialist to join our growing Geospatial Team. Reporting to the GIS Manager, your role will include management and analysis of large and varied offshore datasets; production of high-quality drawings, figures and factual reports; and the improvement and development of the business’ GIS capability. The successful applicant will already be established in the geospatial field, with a keen eye for detail and an interest in how such technology can be used to improve business processes and maximise benefits both internally and for our clients.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work for a leading geoscience, geophysical and geotechnical engineering consultancy within a friendly and supportive team
- Mentoring and training from our experienced in-house Geospatial Specialists to help your professional development and integrate you into the business
- A competitive salary; and benefits including a flexible working policy, healthcare and dental scheme, pension scheme and 25 days annual leave
- An office located in the centre of one of the UKs most vibrant and culturally diverse cities
- You will work in a diverse and dynamic team, supporting numerous offshore engineering projects, and mainly related with clean energy generation
Who we are looking for:
Experienced candidates with a minimum two years’ experience; and a degree (2:1 or above) in GIS, geography, or a related discipline.
- Strong background in Esri’s ArcGIS Platform (ArcMap, ArcPro, ArcServer, ArcGIS Online)
- Confidence in written and verbal technical communication, and a demonstrable track record in both
- High attention to detail, consistently deploying metadata standards and data models to achieve high quality, traceable data outputs
- Experience managing and analysing large, offshore datasets
- Post graduate qualification in a relevant discipline
- Experience in Python, Model Builder or FME would be a distinct advantage
- Experience in detailed design for major infrastructure projects
- Open source GIS, such as QGIS and GeoServer
- Image editing or graphic design software
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.