About the job
Cathie is a global offshore geoscience and geotechnical engineering consultancy specialising in marine geophysics and geotechnics, foundation engineering, pipelines, geospatial analysis, trenching and numerical analyses. We work primarily in the offshore renewable energy industry for clients who design, install and operate offshore, nearshore and onshore facilities.
To keep up with industry demand, we’re looking for a hybrid GIS and CAD Specialists to join the team. This role is open to EU and UK based residents-based Newcastle Upon Tyne, England, only. Applicants from all other locations not willing to relocate will not be considered.
Ideally, you will have experience in the offshore sector either as a CAD or GIS Specialist. It is essential that you have approximately 5 years of applied work experience as a CAD or GIS Specialist. Ideally, this experience has been gained having worked on civil or structural engineering projects. Project experience, whether offshore, or onshore which involves the renewable energy sector will be seen as an advantage. Large scale infrastructure project experience such as railways or motorways will also be seen very favourably. Any experience with cable routing, pipeline routing, conduit routing or road, rail, sewer and stormwater design, will be seen as an advantage. We will train you to become an offshore specialist working in the exciting world of renewable energy.
You will work in a multi-disciplinary consultancy with multiple project teams, alongside other GIS specialists, project engineers , geotechnical engineers, and geophysicists to produce project deliverables for offshore energy projects.
A demonstrated ability to produce high quality project deliverables as listed below will be seen favourably. Your suitability for the role will be determined by your experience and or potential delivering or producing the following example outputs:
- Engineering drawings
- Alignment and strip charts
- Cable routeing analysis and outputs
- Cable burial risk assessments and other cable assessments
- Desktop studies (figures and GIS outputs)
- Cartographic standard drawings and charting outputs
- Environmental Impact Assessments (GIS outputs)
- Cable landing analysis drawings and models
- Ground model processing and models
- QA data structures and databases
- Geoprocessing and analysis of offshore structures
- ArcPro, ArcGIS Online and ArcEnterprise outputs
- Reports and technical notes
- Consultancy experience
- Project and task management
- Geoscience background
- Linear infrastructure experience (offshore cables/railways/motorways/pipelines)
What we consider a must:
- A passion for renewable energy and the geosciences
- Respect for your colleagues
- An inquisitive mind
- A hunger for learning
- Unafraid to share your knowledge or recognise your limits.
What we offer:
- To work for a leading engineering consultancy with significant reputation in offshore engineering;
- Chartership support;
- A modern and friendly office environment;
- Flexible working arrangements;
- Opportunities for internally provided and external training;
- Mentorship by reputable lead engineers;
- Competitive salary;
- Flexible working hours and locations (mixed work patters or remote working);
- Company pension scheme.
- Dentist cover for employee and family; including hygienist visits
- Private healthcare cover for employee and family through AXA health
- Up to 40% discount on gym memberships if healthcare scheme is used via ‘Hussle’
- 24/7 virtual GP appointments if company healthcare scheme is taken on, available at short notice via ‘GP Anywhere’
- Bike to work scheme offering up to 40% discount
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Provision of funds to travel regularly to main office where internal social committee hosts regular events
- Techscheme; interest free loans for tech deducted from monthly salary
- Discounted season ticket loans for public transport
If you think you’re the right fit for Cathie, please apply below.