In view of the continued and increasing demand for our specialist integrated geoscience consultancy services from clients across our market sectors, we are seeking to further expand our geophysical capacity. We provide services primarily to planners, developers and operators of offshore renewable energy, oil & gas, marine power cables and near shore construction projects. Our focus is on the upper few hundred metres of the geological column, providing insight and robust, quantitative information in support of engineering projects.
Our culture is one of total integration of geoscientific teams in which geophysicists, geologists, geotechnical engineers and geospatial analysts work closely together to create geoscientifically rigorous products of long term, high value to our clients. We provide a pleasant working environment based on respect and integrity, innovation and excellence.
The role is based in central London, but with some flexibility to operate from our other offices in the UK, Europe, our Client offices and offshore as required.
As an Interpretation Geophysicist you will be expected to:
- Author technical products, g. desk top studies, ground models, geo-hazard assessments, burial assessment studies
- Author Operational Documentation, g. scopes-of-work, risk assessments and method statements
- Manage work packages including budgets, resources, client liaison, scope delivery, quality assurance
- Act as offshore client representative on behalf of Cathie and our clients
- Support business development through tender preparation and client meetings
- Proactively contribute to the technical development of the team and company
- Support the continuous improvement of the company QHSE management system
The following attributes will be key for this role:
- 3 to 8+ years commercial experience in marine, near-surface geophysics and geology
- Excellent technical awareness of current marine near-surface geophysical survey equipment, and the processing and interpretation of geophysical datasets in conjunction with geotechnical and geological information
- Demonstrable expertise in using geoscientific software packages eg. IHS Kingdom, SonarWiz, Coda, ArcGIS.
- Experienced in undertaking consultancy work such as ground model creation, desk top studies, burial assessments, integrated geohazard studies etc., including authorship of high-quality reports.
- Experienced in management of work packages including budget control, resource planning, client communication, work package delivery
- Client facing experience
Are you appreciated for your geoscientific technical competences but also for your organisational and interpersonal skills?
Do you want to develop yourself professionally in a stimulating environment, within multicultural and cross-disciplinary teams?
Then get in touch!
We offer a unique combination of excellent working environment, great benefits package and outstanding technical opportunity for the right candidate.