We’re a global offshore geoscience and geotechnical engineering consultancy for the offshore energy and marine infrastructure industries. We’ve built our business on hard work, respect for each other and by holding ourselves to the highest standards in everything we do.
We’re now the largest consultancy of our type, with a presence in key locations around the world. Our team of approachable, industry-leading experts deliver successful projects for our clients through integrity, teamwork and a drive for innovation.
About the role
We’re looking for a Geotechnical Engineering Specialist to join our team in Providence, RI. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the US Engineering Manager in delivering integrated engineering consultancy services to our clients
- Working closely with the Engineering teams from across the Cathie Group to deliver the full range of services that we offer
- Delivering technical solutions throughout the development cycle for upcoming US offshore wind farm projects
- Implementing the policies, practices and culture of the Cathie Group.
You will be an enthusiastic, organised and talented professional who takes ownership of challenges and solutions. You will have:
- Ideally 3 to 5 years’ experience in offshore geotechnics
- Onshore experience with track record of working with large multidisciplinary teams in nearshore, ports, or waterfront area will also be considered
- Demonstrable expertise in engineering consultancy projects, including site characterisation, integration studies, concept and detailed engineering and construction support
- Knowledge of specialist engineering software packages, e.g. 3D FEA
- Professional Engineer status or be working towards PE with a track record in contributing to technical publications
Experience in marine engineering projects is an advantage, particularly in offshore wind.
What we can offer
- Competitive salary and performance bonus
- Company contribution to 401k pension
- Company contribution to health scheme
- Flexible office working
- Support for continued professional development