Cathie is a leading international geoscience and geotechnical engineering consultancy providing bespoke and objective solutions to the offshore and near-shore oil, gas and renewable energy industries. We bring focused technical engineering expertise and practical construction support to our clients, ensuring a high-quality service and a range of cost-effective solutions. With offices located in the US (Houston and Boston) as well as Europe (Belgium, France, UK, Germany and Italy), we are planning for further international growth and expansion into new markets. We’re currently looking for enthusiastic and motivated people for our US-based team.
What are we looking for?
- Strong academic background with relevant degrees in Geoscience or Civil / Geological Engineering (preferably MSc / PhD).
- Professional Registration.
- 7 to 10 years of US-based experience preferred…international experience a plus.
- BOSIET / CA-EBS / TWIC preferred.
- Strong willingness to learn new skills, challenge yourself and push the boundaries of your knowledge.
- Willingness to work offshore and in different environments outside of the office, both locally and worldwide.
- Independent technical capabilities.
- Key qualities that define your work should include: initiative, drive, delivery, teamwork, ethics, value and profit.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Why Work for Cathie?
- Small company, diverse people, large footprint, industry recognition!
- Supporting our people through development and varied work experience is fundamental to our culture, and we believe that giving our staff responsibility from an early stage in their career is key to this…our people are our greatest asset!
- We are a small team which enables our staff to benefit from variety in their day to day work, and maximum project exposure.
- We’re dedicated to the pursuit of knowledge and innovation, and encourage our staff to challenge the status quo to volunteer new ways of working, enabling us to continue leading our industry.
- As an Engineer you will have opportunities to work offshore, and in many project locations worldwide.
- We operate in a friendly office environment and we place importance on maintaining a positive and realistic work-life balance.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are open to amicable working arrangements.
Your Work May Involve:
- Geotechnical assessment and design of offshore and onshore structures from FEED to detailed stages (piles, mudmats, gravity foundations, jackup assessments, caissons, anchors, onshore foundations, earthworks , ground improvement, reinforcement, cabling, etc.).
- Geoscience consultancy and reporting for wind farms and oil and gas developments, survey design and management of geotechnical investigations, including advanced in situ and laboratory testing, large offshore campaigns, cable routes, onshore and nearshore developments.
- Offshore and onshore cable and pipeline engineering, including burial risk assessments, burial assessments, performance analysis, forensic studies and tool modelling.
- Ground modelling and geohazard assessments.
- Pile driving instrumentation and monitoring services for the offshore and onshore industry, including back analysis of pile capacities, fatigue, capacity assessments and support to certification process.
- Contribute to research and development initiatives, participate in international conferences and prepare technical papers.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a) (1). Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
- Cathie is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
Do you want to develop professionally within a diverse team delivering cutting-edge engineering solutions across the globe?
Then join us!