With US offshore wind capital expenditure predicted to reach $78b in the next 10 years, there will not a better time to be part of this rapidly expanding industry. Cathie has an established client network and are supporting offshore wind projects along the US eastern seaboard. With the recent appointment of our US Engineering Manager, we are looking to recruit geoscience, geospatial and geotechnical engineering specialists to the team that will be based in Providence, Rhode Island.
As the trusted partner of the world’s largest energy organisations and their Tier-1 contractors, we have over 75GW experience in offshore wind, globally. We’re looking for motivated and passionate individuals who can demonstrate they have the background and capabilities to deliver integrated ‘seabed and below’ solutions as part of our expert team.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work for a leading global geoscience, geophysical and geotechnical engineering consultancy
- A competitive salary; and benefits including a flexible working policy, healthcare and 401K plan
- A flexible working environment along with opportunities to travel and work offshore
- Support towards professional development, with mentoring and training from our experienced in-house specialists
- A supportive and challenging work environment with a strong team culture and company values
- You will work in a diverse and dynamic team, supporting numerous offshore engineering projects, not only in the USA but around the world.
Who we’re looking for:
Cathie are looking for talented individuals, in the fields of geoscience, geospatial and geotechnical engineering to join our team in Providence, RI.
- A post graduate degree in geoscience, geospatial or geotechnical engineering, or a related discipline.
- Strong technical and organizational skills
- Confidence in written and verbal technical communication
- Self-driven but able to work effectively within a team.
- Experience in either offshore infrastructure and/or renewable energy projects
In order to deliver a fully integrated consultancy service ‘Seabed and below’, we are looking to recruit into the following roles:
Geoscience (Engineering Geology and / or Shallow Marine Geophysics) Specialists
- Ideally 3 to 5 years experience in marine engineering geology and / or shallow marine geophysics
- Demonstrable expertise in site characterisation for marine construction projects including site investigation planning, supervision and interpretation, development of ground models and geohazard assessments
- Knowledge of specialist software e.g. IHC Kingdom.
- 2yrs+ experience in geospatial field ideally with demonstrable experience in the use of a range of geological and marine data sets
- Relevant training and experience in the use of one or more geographical information systems (GIS) software packages eg ArcGIS.
Geotechnical Engineering Specialists
- Ideally 3 to 5 years experience in offshore geotechnics
- Demonstrable expertise in engineering consultancy projects, including site characterisation, integration studies, concept and detailed foundation engineering and construction support
- Knowledge of specialist engineering software packages, e.g. 3D FEA
- Professional Engineer or working towards PE and track record in contributing to technical publications.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to Careers-USA@cathiegroup.com or apply below.